Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bridal Shower Fiasco


Went to my first ever bridal shower today for a friend from college. They had super cute decorations and the food was really yummy. :) I looked great in my dress, and even flat ironed my hair for the first time in months....my hair ended up being frizzy because of the heat. It was also really great to see the bride!
Now on to the shower story....

I had arrived on time...it was supposed to start at 3. The hosts weren't done setting up yet and the guests all didn't finish arriving until around 4:30....then we got to eat. So we all sat around for an hour and a half doing nothing. I didn't know anyone. Ended up making small talk with the people at my table. 
Managed to eat some like snacks, and avoided the desserts. I had dinner plans for 6:30, mind you, I drove 40 + minutes to attend this shower. 
By the time we got done eating, I left around 5:30....just when people were finishing up with dessert and some sort of tea was being handed out. 
I didn't have time to stay for games or the opening of the presents. :(
But spending 2 1/2 hours in a hot room with strangers was enough. I had Andrew and friends to see for our triple date dinner. 
It was really nice to be able to see my friend the bride to be though.
Wish I could have stayed for the gift opening part though, those gifts were piled high.
Hope she liked what I got her! (Bath and Body Works soaps in her favorite scents, and a picture frame)

I shall now leave you with a selfie of me in my dress and my straight hair. Sorority squat...duh. Look how long my hair is getting! :)

1 comment:

  1. Cute outfit! Sad that you couldn't stay but happy you got to go anyways!

    ReplyDelete