Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Compromised

GGRRRRRR......
If you haven't already heard about the Target hacking scandal....then you must have been living under a rock. If you don't shop at Target I do feel sorry for you, I love the store, but HATE what happened with all of the personal/banking info that got hacked.

Any who... a few weeks before the Target hacking sh!t, my mother's, my sister's and my own bank cards got "compromised" and were sent new ones.

A few weeks later....dun dun dun....the Target hacking scandal went down. BLAH.
I monitored my checking account online like mad! A few weeks went by and whew-breath a sigh of relief- nothing happened!

Well shortly after that my brother, father, and Andrew the boyfriend ALL got notification of their info being "compromised" some how. UGH. All three hardly shop at Target, except Andrew gets his groceries there.

Currently it's like TWO MONTHS later after the dumb Target scandal and guess whose bank card got "COMPROMISED" AGAIN!?? MINE., that's whose. MAJOR GRRR...
Not sure if it has something to do with my bank or what....but come on. Sounds like my bank needs to get their shit together.

America needs to resort to the way Europeans pay with cards. Instead of a magnetic strip on cards there are microchips that come up with different codes each purchase or something of the sort.

At this point in time I am thinking it might just be safer to carry around cash-but I don't know how safe I would feel with a good chunk of my pay check being in my wallet. At my current place of work we do direct deposit; so online banking ROCKS.

I hardly ever carry cash any more unless I know I am going out to the bars or something.

Anyone else have their info/card compromised? Have you resorted to carrying cash again?

1 comment:

  1. That is totally frustrating just one time, but twice in a matter of months, and I would be a little ticked myself! I hope the dust settles quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete